Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fldigi On Slice B

Ed, K0KC
Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I run a Flex 6700 that I just updated to SSDR 1.6.17 yesterday evening. I am currently running WSJT-X successfully on Slice A. I decided this morning that I would  like to run Fldigi simultaneously on Slice B to check-out the automatic transmit switching. I am not using CAT in WSJT-X so I configured Fldigi for COM 4. I also selected "SmartSDR-SliceB.xml" as the rig description file.

For some reason, Slice B is not responding to the CAT commands from Fldigi. If I change the rig description file to "SmartSDR-SliceA.xml", Slice A seems to respond correctly to the CAT commands.

Does "SmartSDR-SliceB.xml"  need some modifications to work correctly with the 1.6.17 update or am I just forgetting something? I did click on "Initialize" each time that I made a change in Fldigi. It has been several months since I used Fldigi and that was only with a single slice with no other digital programs running.

Ed, K0KC

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    I am a little behind on that.  The SmartSDR-SliceB.xml no longer works after the new CAT changes.  You can use the Slice A RigCAT file for any of the slices.  I have a new collection of RigCAT files for slices A-H that I need to send to Dave.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Tim,

I knew that you were the author of the rig description files, so I was hoping that my post would grab your attention!

If I use the Slice A RigCAT file as you recommend, then in my case do I have to run WSJT-X on Slice B?

Ed, K0KC
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You should be able to run WSJT-X on any slice.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Tim,

Yes, any slice except Slice A since Fldigi is restricted to Slice A until you release the revised RigCAT files-is that correct?

Ed, K0KC
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Thanks Tim. Let us know when Xml files  come about.

73 Jeff

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You misunderstood. You can use the old slice A rig at file on any slice
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Got it!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    Dave, W1HKJ has posted the new RigCAT file for SmartSDR on SourceForge http://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/

There are eight of them which can be used for any of the slices A-H

For instructions on setting up multiple instances of Fldigi, please see the following URL: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj...

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Thanks Tim!

I downloaded and tested the files and the Slice B file seems to be working fine. I did not try any additional slices. The transmit switches automatically between the two digital applications just as advertised.

Ed, K0KC
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I have done this with all 8 slices on my 6700.  it is wicked cool to operate SO8R

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.