Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi com ports setup

Attempting fldigi setup - can transmit but not receive.  Slice A RX is streaming but no PSK31 decode.  Have RigCAT selected for com4 and SmartSDR_SliceA.xml loaded.  PTT is on com5 and is working.  Audio set for DAX Audio RX1 and transmit for DAX Audio TX1.  This is on a 6500 with Win10.  WSJT-X works fine but not fldigi.  Probably an incorrect com port?

Answers

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I made a Youtube video that might be of some help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVOhj244e30
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bill

On the Slice A panadapter flag, is 1 selected for the DAX / Channel:?
    It can get deselected once in a while.

On the DAX control panel, Do you see RX stream 1 lit blue, and does it say it's streaming?

PTT or SmartCat misconfiguration is unrelated to Fldigi's decoding ability.

Sometimes it's the simple stuff that gets overlooked.

Screenshots of the DAX Control Panel window, SmartCAT window, Fldigi Audio tab / Devices, and  Fldigi Audio tab / Settings, windows. Would make it easier for us to spot the problem.

From your description it sounds to me like you have Rig Control working, but that something is wrong with your DAX setup.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill, I sure don't understand this: "It can get deselected once in a while. "    It also happens to me and I'm running Win 7 pro but every once in a while it does not receive. With my 5 minute memory, I do some serious head scratching for a bit. Recently, I experienced this after tearing down my station in September to move my QTH. I set up a week ago and sure enough FLDIGI would xmit but not receive. I did check that DAX1 was selected..... it was.       73, Jim
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    James

My "It can get deselected once in a while. " comment was brought on by my personal experience. I create profiles to be able to reload 2 slice Fldigi/WSJT-X sessions for each band. Usually I start with the default profile loaded, then make all my changes to that, then save it as a new XXm Digital profile. It's really possible that for a time I had a profile saved that had the DAX selection wrong and saved to that one profile. I probably didn't use that profile enough, to clue into the fact that it was a profile error, that I caused.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Bill Speedie
    Bill Speedie Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for your suggestions, guys.  It turns out that I have settings that will work but need to do some fiddling to make signals decode more consistently.  When I was composing a reply here I saw text start to display on the fldigi rx screen.  Earlier non-success was probably due to poor condx, my minimal antenna and not much activity over the holiday.

Sorry I don't have an answer as to why James' settings don't work for him.

-- Bill, KA6T
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I notice sometimes fldigi needs a good bit of audio. Run that DAX slider up to full scale on the bar graph. The diamond signal light in fldigi should light. Note the waterfall may need to be adjusted for your preferred view.
  • Bill Speedie
    Bill Speedie Member
    edited December 2016
    Yes, that was the answer.  I needed a higher audio setting for fldigi than for WSJT-X.  It also helped that I finally started to read the manual.  There's a moral there somewhere...      -- Bill, KA6T
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Run your DAX RX level up until the Fldigi level diamond lights green when signals are present. It will flicker on and off depending on the levels and quantity of the signals present. I don't aim for constantly lit green, but avoid constantly black. When I notice it's favoring black I raise the DAX RX level 1-3% higher until it's favoring green again.

It usually works out pretty close to a 30% higher DAX RX level than what I use with WSJT-X. I adjust Preamp gain and AGC-T levels to take account of band conditions. I find things work better When I keep the noise floor out of the DAX audio as much as possible. So my AGC-T level is usually set @ 27%. 40m and below I use the 10 dB attenuator. But all of these setting are always being retweaked when I'm doing Digital. There is no perfect setting.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have a similar problem.  When I first boot up SSDR the screen appears but I see no spectrum or waterfall activity.  What I do to fix the problem is temporarily turn off my Virus Software (Vipre) and within a few seconds my SSDR software begins working normally.  Then I can turn my VS back on and SSDR remains working.  So far, this is the only solution I've found that works.  I've tried writing exceptions in my Virus Software for SSDR but so far that hasn't solved this issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.