Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLDigi Audio File Playback HELP PLEASE!!

Ron K2RAS
Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭

I am doing a digital modes presentation tomorrow and just noticed that the audio is not coming through the speakers when playing back an archived .WAV file.  The traces appear in the program fine but no audio plays through the speakers.  I believe this worked fine in the past but the setup is confusing with all of the DAX audio drivers.  I am running FLDigi 3.23.00, SSDR 1.6.17.156 and Win7.  Would someone please try running a sound file and verify their settings in the Sound configuration screens in Windows.

Thanks greatly, Ron

K2RAS

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ron, have you tried audacity as a playback program?

http://www.audacityteam.org/

Audioswitcher shows your default soudcards and all settings:
    http://audioswit.ch/er

This works all the time for me.

Another big asset is K9DUR's Voice Keyer:
    http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/voice_keyer.html

I leave my soundcard setting normally at pc speaker/mike as default devices,
    but for some programs you have to change that (for example for EasyPAL)

Alex - DH2ID
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Audacity works fine, in fact that was how I recorded the sounds.  The .WAV files also play back fine using the Windows Media Player when double clicked.  I was hoping to re-run the files through FLDigi, however, and hear/see the traces when explaining the different digital modes.  I thought that I remembered being able to hear the files when they were played.

Ron

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ron, having fldigi before me now, I can record and playback audio with fldigi
    and audacity. The tones are audible, no problems there.
    The best recorder I know of, is CWSkimmer with it's ability to record
    and playback I/Q streams.
    Alex
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    A few questions please.  Just confirming that the audio is coming out of FLDigi with the radio turned off.

1.  What format were the files stored, .WAV?
    2.  What were the Capture and Playback devices in the FLDigi Configuration screen.
    3.  What are the default Playback and Recording Devices in the Win7 Control Panel.

Thanks, Ron
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ron, to answer your questions:

ad 1. .wav
    ad 2. DAX Audio RX1 / DAX Audio TX
    ad 3. native notebook speaker/mike

I run the newest alpha of fldigi (3.23.08.15) and the newest beta of audacity here and in fldigi the file->audio->dropdown window.

Alex - DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.