Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLdigi and Flex 6500 working split

Paul F6EXV
Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
Hi all
I just cannot figure out how to work split in digital modes with FLdigi (versiuon 3.23.21) and SmartSDR (version 1.8.4)
I have read some documentation about split, but many DXpeditions have a split wider than just 5 KHz. Can I open a second instance of FLdigi on either a separate VFO on the same slice, or do I need to open a second slice ?
How do I configure DAX and CAT ?
Thanks in advance for any help, or pointing me to the proper tutorial.
Paul F6EXV

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Use one slice and adjust the TX frequency using XIT.
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Tim for fast reply. I had read about his option, but it does not make it possible to track within the pile up, as I do not see the surroundings of the frequency which I will TX on. (I suppose the XIT increments are 10 Hz, which makes it vety hard to "jump". Is it possible to open a second instance of FLdigi, to be set on the second VFO (or slice) ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    It is possible to use multiple instances of Fldigi, but there isn't a way to sync the receiver slice with the transmit slice meaning you will have to manually enter calls if you are using the Fldigi log.
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, I am putting myself in the position of the DX hunter, so the callsign can be entered manually once, it will not change untill I work another DX working split, so this is not an issue. Ideally, I want to be able to track the calling pile-up which may well extend over a full 20 Kc of bandwidth.
    In that case, what do I need to change in the second instance of FLdidi (if anything). I did download the sliceB.xml, sliceC.xml and sliceD.xml in addition to slice A (4 slices for the 6500).
    When I open a second slice on SmartSDR, the DAX control panel still will not show slice B as being streaming. Is this normal ?
    Paul
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    It's expected if you haven't configured that instance of Fldigi to use a unique settings folder and haven't configured the audio for DAX RX2 and DAX TX.  The XML files only configure CAT.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I use successfully 2 instance of Fldigi and 2 slices no doubts is very operative environment
  • Hermann Fernandes Pais
    edited April 2017
    Hi Sergey, Can you give us a step by step of how did you do it? Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.