Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flag Split Mode

Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Now running Ver 2.2.8 on my 6300.  Love the new Flag Split Mode.  When I activate "Split" Slice B sets up 0.5 KC above Slice A.  Is there a way to modify the 0.5KC value?  For instance 1KC or 2KC?  Thanks to Flex's software team.  Nice job!   Easy install and no problems with running 3rd party programs.

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There is no way to modify it, sadly.  Just enable the split and move the slice once it appears.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The Split is 5KHz up. After you create it you can move it to another frequency.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Here the SPLIT button creates the B slice "up 1"   -- see snapshot.

Only tried in CW mode (that is all I use).

Is the split amount different depending on mode, radio model, or something else?

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.2.8
    Win10

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, it is 1 kHz on CW, 5 kHz on SSB. Nice!
    73,Craig, KØCF
  • KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Nice defaults, but how hard would it be to include a menu item to change that value?
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I do not do much split operation BUT that makes this Split Mode function even more valuable since I don't have to stop and expend brain cell activity to remember how to manually set it up hihi  Anyhow, I for one like this feature.

---Gary WB8ROL
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Is the split amount different depending on mode, radio model, or something else?

Mode.

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Probably more difficult than you would expect.  In any event, whatever the split offset is, it is only a starting point.  When a DX station says "up 5", the pile-up might start 5kHz above the DX station, but will spread out from there.  The defaults are good starting points.

The neat thing about the panadapter as implemented by Flex is the ability to "seee" the less crowded spoys in th epile-up & go there, or, more importantly, be able to "see" where in th epile-up the DX statioon is listening & move your TX frequency accordingly.  I have busted many pile-ups by setting my TX frequency to just above (or below) the station the DX station is currently working.

-- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Gary,

As a somewhat more than casual DX'er, I simply LOVE this new feature.

-- 73, Ray, K9DUR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.