FL Digi Frequency Display Sync with FLEX 6300

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Have been an HRD user for years and configured software with FLEX 6300 and it works great. Now I thought I would give FL Digi a try and was able to get it to decode, and transmit with their xml software. This has probably been asked before...But I can't get the frequency display on FL Digi to sync with the FLEX as it does with HRD nor can I change bands as I do with HRD. Is this a legacy radio remnant of the software? Or am I missing something here?
Photo of Mark Gottlieb

Mark Gottlieb

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • ready to learn

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
If the VFO is not showing the same frequency as Slice A, then the CAT interface has not properly contented.  The quick way to tell is if the QSY button in the bottom left hand corner is grayed out or not.  If it is grayed out, Fldigi and SmartSDR CAT (the radio) are not properly communicating.
Photo of Mark Gottlieb

Mark Gottlieb

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I agree.  This has to have happened before with FLEX owners I would think. The radio and FL Digi are communicating up to the point of PTT and decoding.  So, what step am I missing?
Photo of Roy - W5TKZ

Roy - W5TKZ

• 121 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Mark,

You don't say what your OS is on your computer. If you are running Win10, try setting Fldigi compatibility mode to Win 7.
Photo of Mark Gottlieb

Mark Gottlieb

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am running Win7 but I will check the compatibility settings.  The key to me is in the RigControl settings in the Configure menu.  Currently, I have checked "Rig control via external program using xmlrpc remote calls." which seems to be the only option, of the three choices that works.  When I say "works" that means I have PTT  for sending digital content and PTT stops exactly when it should when the message has been sent.  Is there another combination of choices that will also allow the frequency display and band selection function to work?
Photo of Mark Gottlieb

Mark Gottlieb

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I checked compatibility and it was not selected in Properties so I have checked that.  Also, I am going to run FL Digi as an Administrator.  Updates to follow.
Photo of Mark Gottlieb

Mark Gottlieb

• 99 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
That approach did not work either.  Is the key in compatibility?  Should I try other settings?  Meanwhile, I still have PTT sync with the FLEX 6300.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes