Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fkex USB port or computer USB or RS-232 between Flex-6500 and Expert 1.3K-FA

Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Anyone using USB port and FTDI cable to connect and control 1.3K-FA? Have NOT attempted to construct 9 pin to 15 pin adapter cable just yet, a project for tomorrow. However, should I just use DDUTIL and use either a standard ( mother board ) 9 pin rs232 or use signal out of Flex.

My goal is to have Expert follow Flex as needed.

Lew
N4CO

Answers

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Follow the guidance in the linked document http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/ DDUTIL is a great utility however it is not needed to control the Expert Amps from Flex 6K radios.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The flex USB interface only provides Band Data If you want total control of the amp such as power on off power levels. Antenna selection. The you need DDUTIL
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Since I need no other functionality from DDUTIL I use Control Utility that comes with Expert Amps to control all functions of the AMP like ANT, ON/OFF, ETC. Not disagreeing that DDUTIL works just adding additional information about my operating station.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.