Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fix the power at "TUNE"

Options
Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is not there a way to set the power level at "TUNE" to 10 watts or so for all bands?
I know the same question was made by KB5XE before and closed, however it would be nice if we can set the power level at "TUNE" as I sometimes put full power acciidentally at "TUNE" when I switch the band after QSO - power slider rightmost.

Answers

• Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I believe you just go to Settings, Radio Setup, then select the Transmit tab.  At the bottom of the Transmit tab window you will see a field labeled "Tune Power".  I have mine set for 15.

Norm - KL7RS
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You can also just change the RF Power slider once in "TUNE" mode, set the power you want and then click TUNE to turn it off. It will rember your setting the next time you use TUNE.
    Al   N4AB
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I see. 
    I think I overlooked "Tune Power" at transmit tab.

Thank you!
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Running SmartSDR 1.3 Win7Pro and using the Flex-6300 I found that the transmit tab setting was band-by-band. 

If this is intended could a "Set all Bands ONCE to Tune Level in Box" button be added?  That way I would have been able to select 8 watts and touch a button to baseline all the bands to that setting, then I could change anything that needed adjusting.

Caught a nip from the CrankIR when in the dusk I didn't catch the jump back to 100 watts when trying another band.  No big deal and largely operator error (oversight).

Steve

K9ZW

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You can set the tune wattage for each band as I did... just go to the band then setup, transmit, set tune wattage and hit enter key to lock it in.... you only have to do this once for each band....That way you are sure not to have an OOOPS moment....

John
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is the 50+ keyclick and 10 power entry set of steps I am suggesting a "set default Tune Power for all Bands" would make into perhaps 3 keyclicks and one power entry.

You and I may remember to do every band if we put it on a checklist, but it sure seems the hard way.

Steve

K9ZW

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well by default its set that way now... just not the default you want.... By setting each band enables you to have different tune wattage for each band if desired.... Its only a one time setup on each band and then its always set...cant get much easier than that.

John
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

More than that, it is not set at a safe default out-of-the-box, nor is it on the new users list.

Of course I am now setup the way I want it, but I am always thinking of the new user.

It is interesting that the default out-of-the-box would be full output as I would also like to suggest that the radio software have a global max-output setting as at the home QTH I have had instances after upgrades where power settings went back to 100 watts which would overdrive my amp.

If I had more time I would do a revert to older version and upgrade to see if I could duplicate the observations with the Flex-6700 and home desktop shack computer that settings reverted to 100 watts. 

What I envision is a Global Settings Tab where a default for all bands for various settings could be configured by a user - Tune Power, Max Power, Antenna Selection(s), and so on... That way a user could "base line" everything and then go tweak what they want later.

Steve

K9ZW

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Steve .I do agree default the tune to 100 watts would not be my first choice.  However if it was set to 10 watts someone would complain that it should be set to something else....FRS just can't win....or can they...With SSDR 1.3 you can set all those things in the radio with global/profiles settings. I haven't found any setting in the radio that could not be saved.. So what you envision is now reality.

John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.