Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

First pass beginners guide to WSJT and FlexRadio

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in New Ideas
Hello all,

A flex user asked for some help on setting his Flex 6700 setup to work FT-8.  I decided to put together a simple beginners guide based around Windows.

I'm sure I have some bug and inaccuracies and I will gratefully accept comments and corrections.  This process however does work for me.

I am hopeful it will help someone else.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7578983/BeginnersGuide-WSJT-FlexRadio.pdf

Comments

• Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thank You Mark. On a quick skim it looks like what I've been looking for. Keep up the good work! -Dave

• Mike James - WJ7U
    edited July 2017
    Mark,

Thanks for the guide. Do you think WSJT will work via SmartLink? The concern would be the latency involved. I believe the absolute timing accuracy for WSJT is pretty tight.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Mike, it will not at this time because DAX does not work over Smartlink.  Perhaps when that is solved and depending up on the latency it might.
  • Peter Bacon
    Peter Bacon Member
    edited July 2017
    Mark, I note your comment on using a COM Port for the CAT control of WSJTX.  In my WSJTX setup I have selected "FlexRadio 6xxx" as the hardware, and then for the network server I use "127.0.0.1:5002".  In SmartCAT you can also define different TCP Ports if you already use 5002 - for example DDUtil.   Otherwise all my other settings are the same as yours. 73 Peter G3ZSS
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Agreed.  I couldn't get to to work when I first tried that but now it is.  I've updated the doc.  Thanks!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Updated the doc to include the TCP cat connection and fixed a few misspellings!
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The File is no longer available.  I used the IP address of my radio, I added a CAT port of 5003 and cannot get connected.  I have SmartSDR running don't I have to have that running too?
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.