Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

First Impressions of my 'new' 6500

Cliff
Cliff Member
edited December 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi all,

Well received the used Flex 6500 (though looks like new) yesterday and must say it was the easiest thing to setup SDR wise, SmartSDR is very well laid out and uncluttered. 

No extra virtual audio or com ports needed like previous PWRSDR

Running remote over the local network just worked.

Like the fact there is one ethernet cable unlike my other SDR TRX that needs three USB ports.

Had DAX up and running quickly too once I figured I had to turn DAX on in the TX module.
Playing about with WSPR and a MFJ-1786 magloop sitting at ground level in the shack at 0.5W

Just using the computer monitor audio at the moment through the Windows mixer monitor function listening to the DAX channel. using Windows 7.

So far a very positive experience .  Early days 

Look forward to further development of this system.

Cheers
Cliff VK2NP

Comments

• N4TTN
    N4TTN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I have to agree with you. I got my 6300 last Friday and took it to field day. Had a blast with it. Looking forward to getting to know it better and get my digital modes up and running.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.