Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Firewire Info

K4MT
K4MT Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have an old Flex 3000 and I was having many strange issues. Carriers spaced all over the bands, ANF was choppy and useless, NB was useless. I noticed the guy I got it from had given me a SIIG card with a VIA chip set. I decided to find a TI chipset card and found a used card on Ebay with a TI XIO220A chip. 

The change it made in the operation of the radio is amazing. All the carriers are gone. NR and ANF now work as well as NB. Waterfall is now clean without bogus carries showing up.

Although the VIA showed up as no compat issues in the info screen on the Flexradio firewire program but it indeed did have issues. 

I know many people like me are still using the 3000 and 5000A so wanted to let you know what issues I was seeing and that in fact they were all caused by the firewire card.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.