Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Finding Maestro...

2»

Comments

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Ouch!
    That hurts Burt... if that's the case, I might as well keep it in the box for a while too.
     I will find out tomorrow, if they will even let me do it. 

Scott,
    I emailed you my phone; Let's see what I find out. You are the first on on the list for exchange. I will stay here on this page unless the higher up in the food change decide to close the threat.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    You can always sell yours at a small PROFIT to Burt who was dying to get one for $999 but missed his chance...
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Ouch Howard... ouch... LOL
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    LOL Howard...
    I must have missed his $999 offer forum entry.
    Have great time in Visalia. 
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I just hope I get mine by April 23rd as I want to play with it on vacation.  I have a Flex 6300 there to use it on and want to try it mobile in my Jeep too. Actually, this summer I plan to drive from Chicago to San Diego with the Maestro in my car and a 6300 in the trunk connected to an ALS 500 and a Tarheel HP.  Too bad my dog does not have his license or he could bark into the mic along the way.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Darn it, Gerald. The poor things need good homes! You're making me want one, now. After 2.0 is out, I have a feeling I'm going to be unable to resist.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great! 
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    It was a no go with trading Maestro place in line to get an early delivery.
    It causes FRS problem and time to do. Sorry, I will leave the Maestro alone in the box until HOA and CC&R's passes in the US Congress.

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Me too!!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wow! That is so totally amazing! I did not even order a Maestro, yet I can see one with my details on it! That is why we love Flex, they go that extra mile to make their customers smile©®™. Thanks Gerald.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Forward progress...  

We are still in final phase of fix reported software bugs, release for test, collect bug reports, triage, fix bugs, release for test, rinse and repeat.  I still can't give the day and hour but we are getting closer every day.  The software team is working hard to wrap things up on their end.  You can see in the photo below that finished goods are coming off the line and ready for final software.

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    So the hardware is all set?
    Why not ship, those hams are desperate, you can post software updates on your site.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Because it likely will cost much more time and energy to bug fix in customers hands rather than shipping something that works
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And first impressions are lasting.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I am sold already anyway - I can take a few rough edges :)    BTW DX should get shipped first - it takes longer to get here ... (wink)

:) 
  • Ken
    Ken Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not me. Please keep mine as long as you need to get it right. I realize 0 bugs is an unattainable goal, but please get as close as you can.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Let's face facts, if released to early with s/w bugs then there'll be a lot of whining. I hope FRS hasn't forgotten Dayton is around the corner.

It's good to see the assembled devices are safe and secure behind that yellow plastic chain.

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    All well put, but the surgeons I have worked with have a saying too.  The enemy of good is better.  For instance, it is possible to put too many stitches or sutures into something and make the tissue a glob of jelly that will not hold or heal. Kind of like that last tightening of a nut that snaps it.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I should have ordered my pair in Green Bay Packer colors..... Very content to receive them when they are deemed ready. Thank you! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Gerald,

I'm also happy to wait for it. You should
    be commended for wanting to put out a
    great product. I'm certainly glad you and
    your team are running things and sticking
    to your guns to turn out a first class
    product, and not caving.

73, Jim N9VC

• Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    @AB9UU
    Believe me that we triage every issue.  The closer we get to release the higher the scrutiny as to whether we would hold or not for for the issue in question.  That means that we will delay some issues until a subsequent release.  It is always a judgement call.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Gerald, take all you time you need. It will be OK if first delivery start to the Ham Radio  at Friedrichshafen end of June. Good things need time :-)
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I would be happy to collect mine there as well!  Perhaps the various Flex users who will be going should meet up ....

David G4NRT
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I'll be there! First time since 1993. See you at the Flex booth.

Gary W4EEY
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Collect at Friedrichshafen at end of June...? That is way too late! Es season is already well under way then. Besides, being used to delivering software projects in a properly commercial environment (i. e. you are penalised if you are late. .) I am keen for things not to drag on too much longer. Yes, I get the 'no wine until it's fine' thing but as my senior engineer (OC Engineering Wing) once told me....'perfection is the enemy of progress'. Paul M0CVX
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    I expect that we will be able to ship the backlog before Friedrichshafen.  The factory is producing finished Maestros every day now waiting for final software to be loaded.   
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Any chance before we visit wih you in Dayton. I suspect most of us would be happy to load one extra version of the software. Thanks!
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    @Bob
    Yes - good probability.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.