Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

filter ringing

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In doing a side by side comparison with my K3 I notice the narrow filters on the 6700 (50 Hz) have a hollow ringy sound to them. At 200 Hz they sound pretty close. 73 Greg

Answers

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Turn the AGC-T down. I tried the 50 Hz filter with the AGC-T set for best SNR and the filters sounded perfect. Sounded like a code practice oscillator. If you have the AGC-T too high, you are filling the filter with noise.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Doesn't that inhibit the ability to work weak signals? 73 Greg
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    My experience has been this process reduces the noise to make the signal more copyable
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I think something has changed in the DSP. The NR seemed more effective in ver 0.16. Also the slider setting have no effect here. Greg
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Same here the slider has no effect. Jeff N3VE
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just the opposite. It will actually improve signal to noise. You want to set the AGC-T so that you hear the noise but the filter does not ring if you are doing weak signal work. A signal at MDS will be equal to the noise and you will be able to hear it much better than you would with the AGC-T set too high.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.