FHM-2

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
Amazing and awesome is the best description of my new 6400, and learning what I could absorb from my friend Chuck AE4CW. Found out two things the FHM-2 mic that came with the 6400 will not fit the Maestro (pity) so I ordered the other cable. Since it is an RJ-45 connector I wonder if I can use an Ethernet cable temporarily till the new coil cord arrives? The other item is the Flex control knob is a handy thing to have since I will use the Maestro in a remote situation, I ordered that as well.
Neil   N4FN
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 72 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 406 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
yes u can, but i seem to remember my FHM-2 mic when used on my maestro having some sort of hum, a steady noise when not speaking. This was un related to using an Ethernet cable temporally like you want to. FHM-1 worked fine.
(Edited)
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 72 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Many thanks Larry...I appreciate the speedy reply to the new guy
Neil
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 72 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
According to AE4CW who was helping me with the test, there was a hum when using an Ethernet cable so I gave up on that idea. I ordered the proper cable with a modular connector
Neil
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 406 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
The hum isn't from the Ethernet cable it is from the fhm-2 itself like I said in my previous post, that mic will hum on the maestro with the proper cord also. If you have a fhm-1 it will work fine, me and others noticed the same thing.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-with-flex-fhm-2-mic-rj45-conn

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-mic-1-noise
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 375 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Hmmmm (sorry :) ..

The hum on your FHM2 is not normal.  Is that with the AC power supply it was shipped with?  I have both a Maestro A and B and my FMH2 doesn't hum on either.

Mike
Photo of Dale - K4DG

Dale - K4DG

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Neil: What tune was it humming? Maybe the “Rambling Wreck”?

Enjoy your new toy . Hope to hear you on the air.

Dale - K4DG
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 72 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Dale,
I hope you and Deborah are all well. No self-respecting First Class FLEX would EVER be allowed to hum a rambling wreck tune. Go DAWGS...
Neil