Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feeding the audio output of multiple sliced to the input of a software modem.

W4NTG
W4NTG Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am trying to set up multiple slices on a 6k series Flex that will allow the routing of the audio outputs to the input of a software modem.  This is for an ALE broadcast that occurs on sequentially by frequency.  I use a broadband antenna and would like to do it without manual intervention

Answers

• Rudy HB9MHB
    Rudy HB9MHB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

I am using PCALE with my Flex 6700 and scanning the Frequencies in one Slice with problems, sometimes the Mode changes from USB to LSB on the lower Bands (3 and 7 MHZ). So I need only one Slice. I am not sure if this is a bug in the Smart-SDR software.

Rudy HB9MHB

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    It is a deficiency in the PC-ALE software.  It needs to issue a MODE command after each band change for the FLEX-6000.
  • W4NTG
    W4NTG Member
    edited November 2019
    Tim, do you have any ideas on my original request...tnx ****
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
    You can do it with DAX.  Put a slice on separate DAX channels and use a software mixer to mix down to a single or pair of channels.
  • W4NTG
    W4NTG Member
    edited April 2017
    Tnx Tim, unable to find a mixer that will handle more than 2 channels...for flex we need from 4 to 8 channles...additional thoughts?...****
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    How about turning on all the speaker channels and take a wire from the radio back into the mic input?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    VoiceMeeter banana? Virtual audio cable?

VAC is more or less a staple of Flex users prior to the signature series. 

Ria
  • Dick McNutt
    Dick McNutt Member
    edited April 2017
    Tnx Ria, is it capable of  more than two links...****
  • W4NTG
    W4NTG Member
    edited May 2017
    Tnx Tim, working through them...****

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.