Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feedback from the "Roadmap"

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I noticed that CWX (Keyboard driven CW) is schedule far to the future. My main need is not that SmartSDR offer a keyboard driven CW sending capability, but that they provide a simple access via a Virtual Port, probably the SAME port defined as PTT, perhaps PTT using RTS and CW Key-down using the other line. There are plenty of third party logging and contesting programs out there that can send CW through the COM port if we have a simple pass-through. I hope this can be implemented sooner than CWX is scheduled. Most of the rest of the roadmap looks very good to me. As much as I want it all right now, I am content that some things have to wait for a later release. As others have said... Christmas throughout the year! I will get to unwrap a new rig several times a year for a few years to come!
Tagged:
3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
        Ken,
                  I think I recall you mentioned that you use N3FJP for logging.  I recently was able
    to get keying by the N3FJP winkey emulator to the Flex 6000 via N4PY Pegasus Plus
    software.  There seem to be winkey emulators in some of their contest loggers too, but
    I haven't checked them out yet.  If you don't have N4PY's latest version, you can get a
    trial version to see if it works for you.  I also got N1MM and N1MM plus to work using
    the winkey emulators in them.  I am only hours old with this, so there is a little bit of
    trimming and persuading yet to be done.  However, it looks like this can be made to work.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Great! I haven't spent much time with it yet. I would like to figure out both the N1MM+ interface and the N3FJP interface as soon as I have time. I use n1mm for contesting and n3fjp for hunting DX and W1AW/p operations. I would love to be able to do it without changing focus between programs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.