Feed back on transmit audio,on 6400

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
When transmitting, stations receiving my transmission report  what they describe as feedback in my audio. I had a station record me, and indeed it does sound like I have a receiver on in the back ground on the same freq, but this not the case. I performed a hard restart, and didn't cure the problem. Radio is a 6400 and using a maestro,running version 2.39. I also tried transmitting on my i-phone and had the same problem.
Photo of Milton Page

Milton Page

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Condy Alley NI4Z

Condy Alley NI4Z

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
My 6400 randomly turns on the "MONITOR" function.  Make sure that is not the case on your rig.

de NI4Z
Photo of Milton Page

Milton Page

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I believe you were correct, I only checked the monitor control on the Maestro, and it showed that it was off, on checking the control with computer program, it was on and adjusted to 100 %, turned it off and now it seems to be good to go.
Thanks.
WO8G  
Photo of Milton Page

Milton Page

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the response, but I did check that it was off, so  I'm still looking for the Gremlin.

WO8G
(Edited)
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 638 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
This could well be caused by RF getting into your audio. Try to find a local ham and talk to him with your power down to a couple of watts and see if it is still there. If it is not, put a bunch of mix 31 ferites near the feed point of your antenna. It is extremely doubtful that the issue is with the radio.

Photo of Milton Page

Milton Page

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks,will give it a try.

WO8G