Fed up waiting

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Bought a yaesu,works rite out of the box,flex packed away until it can compete with the mainstream radios,give us a shout when you do.
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 312 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of N7AIG

N7AIG

• 147 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
My Flex 1500 and Powersdr was terrible ...I sent it back and got a refund.... 

Interesting comment. The 1500 and 3000 were my exposure to Flex. I own both. 

Not sure what *you* guys do with Windows, even as professional users... I use it on and off, as necessary. I also have 45+ years of heavy experience with computing - from design of CPU architecture, up through language design, and OS and compiler development. Let's just say that there are many other systems that don't suffer the problems shared by Windows.

I still like the 1500 because it can be phase locked to an external Rb reference, and it has can be made to have a predictable VCO offset as I tune it. Great for FMT work.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 4034 Posts
  • 976 Reply Likes
To bad to hear about all these problems, I had my Flex 3000 for 7 years and when I installed Windows 7 it never had an issue, very solid.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9199 Posts
  • 3559 Reply Likes
I am closing this post because it has overwhelmingly become a vehicle for some to pontificate their personal opinions and want to debate said opinions.  This has overshadowed the help that some are tying to provide by better understanding the actual problem.  This is not the essence of the Community.  If you want to constructively discuss the products, do so in a profession and mature way, respecting the opinions of others, without resorting to snide remarks.  Thank you.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.