Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feature Request - SmartLink guest login and radio controls and/or info

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
Now that SmartLink is out, most of us are playing with it and quite frankly I'm anxious to share and share alike with other Flex owners.

Currently SmartLink offers a single login.  So to share my radio I'd need to let a friend know the login/password.  This is ok but ideally I would like to have the ability to create a "shared" login.  The idea being that my login/password offer complete control, the shared login allows them to operate (perhaps within parameters I set) but make no real changes to the account.

This leads to the basic idea.  Either with the primary SmartLink account, or preferrably with the "shared" login I'd like the ability to have a simple set of controls that prevent the shared login from using certain features.  

Example:  Assume I have a shared login called "ws7mguest".  I'd like a way to set that account so it can operate say on 40m, 20m, 15m, but not 6m and 80m as I get RFI kind of bad on those bands.

So under my primary login I would enable the shared login but set limits on what it can do.  Then one someone logs into that account to use my radio if they try to change to 80m they get a little message saying 80m is disabled.

I realize there are many other levels this could go to and I think anyone we let share our radios will need to understand our station pretty well.  But it might make it nice to offer some basic controls.

Just offering this up for the feature list!
3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I believe this idea could be workable for a future release. I do see them adding the ability to add guest operators and give them limits etc. but I haven't seen anything "official" about it.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is a great idea and would love to see it implemented. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.