Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feature request - "CW Zero Beat"

Ray Day
Ray Day Member
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
Hi! I've had my 6600 for about 3 weeks and every day is like Christmas morning when I go into the shack now...what new feature will I discover today?

Two years ago I got an Icom IC-7300 for a "110V 100W travel radio" - and love the CW Zero Beat button that ZB's a CW signal to my selected (700 Hz for me) audio tone for received CW. I cannot match the received CW note to my memory of a 700 Hz tone (is this called "tone deaf?" -  I have a work-around or two, but they're a pain.

Any thought to adding this "CW ZB" feature?

Thanks,
Ray N6HE

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Ray,
    There is a "idea" that is ranked #2 by votes for an AutoClick tune on CW.

Check it out and add comments and a VOTE if you would like to see this.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ssdr_autozerobeat_on_cw_click_tune

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.2.8
    Win10

• Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ray,
    This has been requested for years to add to the 6000 series radios. It received a ton of votes when it was requested to be a added feature. PSDR has this feature and it works great on my 5000A radio. I hope they add it soon for us CW ops.
    John, W8AGS
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No need to memorize a tone. When the signal is on the fiducial index line (yellow/red) the resulting tone is at the specified pitch frequency.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Under DSP, click on the APF (Audio Peaking Filter) and run the slider up 25-50%.  Now as you tune, just listen for when the volume peaks.  Poof, you're zero-beated.
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ray,

I found this in the Community archives...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cw_mode_explanation_request

Is this explanation valid today?

Ted
    NX6C

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    To figure this out I had to translate the operation of the "pitch" control in the Tx panel to my very first superheterodyne SW receiver's BFO knob.  Memories. oh my goodness.
    Ok, I think I got it.
    Ted
    NX6C

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.