Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FDX mode on 6500 issue when using digital modes

Wim
Wim Member ✭✭
I was trying out the FDX mode on my 6500, while transmitting JT65 on 40m 
I was trying to receive on 20m at the same time.

The FDX works when I key the transmitter on 40m using the foot switch, I can continue
to receive on 20m during the transmission. However when WSJT-X keys the transmitter
via the CAT command, the receive on 20m is muted.

The WSJT-X is using the CAT method for PTT I am not using a separate COM port just for PTT.

Using latest smart SDR software here, anyone else seeing this or do I have something misconfigured.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I do not believe the radio is misconfigured.  I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as defect #3153 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    What are your transmit and receive antennas set to?
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My transmit antenna is ANT 1 and the receive antenna is RXA.

This morning trying this again, I didn't see the failure initially but then playing with it some more
    I saw the issue again, this time when pressing the foot switch on 20m slice (bottom one) the audio
    would get muted but not when tuning from the WSJT-X on 40m slice ...

See screen shot of my slice setup where I see it now:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.