Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FCCID Label on 6700

Larry - WA7LZO
Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
Well ppl, I have searched high, and I have searched low, but I cannot find the FRS 6700 FCCID label anywhere. I looked on its rear apron, on the bottom of the cabinet, etc. but there is no FCCID label. I have not as yet cracked open the case to see if the FCC label may be somewhere inside. 

Can someone please tell me where to find the FRS FCCID label on the Flex 6700?

Thanks!

Br,

Larry
WA7LZO

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Part 97 equipment does not need an FCC ID does it?  I thought the 6000 series were covered under Part 97 as they are Amateur Equipment and not used for commercial communications.

I recall a discussion about this back in 2013 on one of them thar Yahoo groups things.. :-)
  • K3ZJ - Dave
    K3ZJ - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Richard is correct.  Amateur Part 97 equipment is not subject to FCC Part 2.  Only exception is amplifiers below 144 MHz (97.315). Therefore no test reports, no equipment approval required, and no labels required.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I wonder why Kenwood has a sticker on the TS-590s with lots of FCC numbers?   And a part 15 sticker also.   Maybe US radios do not have to pass the same tests?
    I do not have any other HF radios to compare with.

Cheers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Probably has to be certified to part 15. I can't recall if any kind of FCCID is issued or label required.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    We self certify the radios and ensure they pass all necessary requirements. The CE Declariation of Conformity is in the FLEX-6000 Hardware Manual. It is more comprehensive than the FCC certifications.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.