Faulty 6600M

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
After waiting several months mynew 6600M landed August 25th. Two dates later it stopped working, three red flashes, a "please wait...", and nothing more happened. I contacted the dealer who asked me to return the 6600M. He talked about a hard ware boot up problem. So what happened? After spending a lot of money, I still have no radio. Bad show....
Vy 73 de OV6A Jorgen, Denmark
Photo of Jorgen

Jorgen

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Rick  WN2C

Rick WN2C

• 268 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Jorgen do not worry, Flex and your dealer will make it right.
Photo of David Holmgren

David Holmgren

• 42 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I would discount the power pole connector in the back for a minute.  Connect it back up.  Power on the radio by long pressing the power button and it should turn purple or white, can't remember.  This will do a reset.  Good luck.

Ruffers
Photo of Jorgen

Jorgen

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello David, thank you for the message. I tried your recommended procedure, but it didn't work. The 6600M has a hardware failure, so I sent it to the European service center in Germany. Bad luck with a USD 7000 radio - after having waiting 6 month for the delivery....Vy 73 de OV6A Jorgen
Photo of David Holmgren

David Holmgren

• 42 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Darn.  Well keep the faith as they are great radios.  You'll get on that works and will enjoy it as much as the rest of us FLEXers enjoy ours.

David
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 78 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Jorgen,

I received mine a few months earlier, and there have been no issues so far. This is unfortunate, but I think once you`re over this hurdle you'll find it will surpass your operating expectations. I know this means very little at the moment, but once you begin to familiarize yourself with it you may find it impossible to ever go back. I have no doubt Flex will make it right. Good luck.

Jim, WQ2H
Photo of David Holmgren

David Holmgren

• 42 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Well said.  We're saying it's a fluke that this happened to you.  As Jim says I could never go back to a regular radio without the pan adapter and water fall.  Beyond those huge benefits FLEX took the time to create an easy to use radio with the operator in mind.  So hang in there until you get another one and this is what the warranty is for.