Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fast on/off of slice audio in Flex control

Ilmo Anttila
Ilmo Anttila Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
In chasing of DXs it is important to listen to two slices. However it is not practical to have both slices on all time. For a weak DX both ears are needed without noise from other slice. I hope it could be added a macro to Flex control buttons to set active slice audio on/off quickly.  I have tried to use DDUtil but it did not work properly. Use of mouse is also not practical and moves focus out of N1MM entry window.

Comments

• RT5A
    RT5A Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    +100

RT5A
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If you are open to using third party software to get this functionality, take a look at Slice Master 6000.  It has an "audio mixer" panel with easy access to mute and solo buttons for each slice.  It sounds to me like the solo button might be what you are looking for.

Press the 'S' button for a slice and it will mute all of the other slices.  Pressing it again will put things back the way there were.  Pressing a different 'S' button will add that slice into the solo mix.  The button showing the audio gain level controls a preset that will return both the gain and pan of any slice back to a predetermined level.  

Good luck.

--Don
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    right click on one of the slice speaker icons and mute. works for me
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The audio is stereo, so change the balance slider so that one channel for slice one is on left and slice two on right.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    FRStacks, also has a nice Auto-Mute all but the active slice option, It's very fast, you will only hear the active slice, instantly switches when you select a different slice. It can also be enabled/disabled from right click menu's in FRStack. 

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That is a feature that I wish FR would adopt.....please!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No need to have this added to SSDR. This is the beauty of SSDR being able to work with other software to get what we want. That was the intention of SSDR from the beginning.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Actually you have it at your command..
    the scenrio is as follow

Slice A is the dx on interest, so set Slice A audio pan control to center position. This put the audio in Both ears.  Slice B is the pileup, set Slice B audio pan to full right, this will put the pileup audio in your right ear. When ever you want to mute Slice B, just click on the speaker icon in the Slice B flag. This speaker icon acts like a toggle swicth. you can mute and unmute by simply clicking on the icon. When muted you will see the famous circle/crosshash on top of the speaker icon.

hope this helps
  • Ilmo Anttila
    Ilmo Anttila Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thank You all of answers.
    May be I did not write the problem/my Idea  very well. My idea is to add a macro to FlexControl buttons for fast on/off of active slice audio/TX slice at the same time. In situation to chase a DX listening on split frequencies Slice A is on DX Freq. and Slice B is active and Frequencies changed by FlexControl tuning knob trying to find a right Frequency for transmitting.
    When working CW I have my left hand on F-buttons of N1MM+ and right hand on tuning knob and there it would be practical to have a fast on/off possibility for TX slice audio for one of those three buttons.
    It is clumsy to start to use mouse in that situation. 
    This is my proposal to software people of FlexRadio to add this small feature to next version of Smart SDR/FlexControl.
    Ilmo, OH2BO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.