Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fan noise 6300

paul
paul Member ✭✭
6300 will not start. Green light flashes then goes out. Fan makes a racket. I blew  out the dust and did a hard reset.  I tried to contact flex and buy a license for my second 6300. Not a gud week for  Flex  problems seems they are all at  Dayton. Have a great show guys. paul, wa3qpx

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim is holding the fort.  I would go ahead and initiate a support ticket.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    You opened up a HelpDesk ticket for this issue.  I am awaiting the answers to the questions I asked so we can start troubleshooting the issue.  Please reply via your HelpDesk ticket.
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hopefully Tim will get you a RMA so you can get it shipped to them so it will be there when everyone gets back from Dayton.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Paul, pack it up and wait for the RMA number so you can send it in. Had the same problem with my 6300. To fix it I traded up to a 6400M. Great radio!
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thats what I did, I got it fixed but purchased a 6400 to replace it and have the 6300 as backup. I still have not set it up yet. I am a little leary of the newer software, I have read some NOT ALL of the people have a real problem with the registration and getting it to work on their lan. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Are you talking about Smartlink? Some people have un common Lan networks that need work through. But mostly Flex works with most routers out of the box.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    We are not receiving any reports of that nature in Support with v2.2.8.  

• Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    HI Tim, hope you are doing great after your surgery! What I was talking about when you guys went to the 2.x there were people having problems and many of the messages would want them to go and mess with the routers or change routers. My network here at home works fine and its just standard stuff but I do have a server and 3 workstations downstairs in my old office that my employees use to access our inventory control system. It works just fine and I do not want to mess with it. I can no longer go down there much because of a knee problem so I do everything from my barn that is also on the same network. Again it all works but if I start messing with things down there and have a problem going up and down the stairs is very painful. The 6300 is still working so I guess its just not worth the risk to me. 

Its just the going down there to deal with it I do not want to do, hopefully I will keep improving so I will be able to use my office / shack down there again. Its a nice shack, 12x24 ft all real wood walls and insulated flooring. I am improving so its only a matter of time hopefully. 

73's K8OCN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.