Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

factory reset 6500

Andrew Cowan
Andrew Cowan Member
edited October 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
At the moment I have not been able to do a factory reset on my 6500 I have tried the power button for 5 sec but it always goes in to calibrate mode, tried recycling the DC power before switching on also. Want to reset as with new software update it won't connect.

Thanks

Andrew GM0UDL

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    6500 OFF -> hold the OK button and press power ON -> RESET
  • Klaus - DK7XL
    Klaus - DK7XL Member
    edited April 2015
    Andrew,

please open a helpdesk ticket.

Thanks,

Klaus
  • Andrew Cowan
    Andrew Cowan Member
    edited April 2015
    Opened a ticket Klaus

Thanks

Andrew
  • Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited March 2016
    UGH  I can't reset mine either.   IT CLAIMS to do so, but retains the call sign, so it's obvious nothing was cleared.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    As per the FLEX-6000 Hardware Reference Manual.

With the radio powered off, press and hold down the “OK” button on the front panel of the radio. Momentarily press and release the power button to power on the radio.  Continue holding in the OK button until the front display counts down to 0, the power LED starts flashing white and the “CALIBRATING...” message is displayed, then release the OK button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.

The callsign fields are not reset with a factory reset, along with some other radio specific data.  Only the profiles, persistence and waveforms are reset.

From your description, it sounds like the factory reset is working properly.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Is there any other resets beyond this?  A local ham I was talking to on 160 last night lost power while transmitting. Now the radio does not RX. But has speaker hiss and noise floor on the scope that is moving. The rig transmits and sounds fine but he is not seeing his TX waveform on his scope.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    That is the only reset that is available.  This issue sounds like a hardware issue to me and a HelpDesk ticket is in order.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Tim. He ended up filling out a help desk ticket this AM. Talking to his insurance company was well as it was during a storm and lightening near by.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.