Extremely quick Turnaround time on Flex 6700 repair from Australia to the USA and return...Thanks heaps

• Praise
  • Updated 12 months ago
Just a short note, but it comes with heaps of compliments to the Flex team in the USA from  a very happy Flex user in Australia.  Just a slight TXCO fault with my 6700, shipped it to the USA, fixed at lightning speed, and back in my hands a few days after leaving Texas back to its home in Australia. And Flex paid the return freight which was so much appreciated, and unexpected, so a huge thank you. 
I was like an addict without a fix, you never know how much you will miss your Flex til you have to lose it for a few weeks, maybe we need a support group for us addicts when we are away from our Flex units, 1800 FlexAddict(mmmm too many numbers).  So a big thank you for such great warranty support, and I not needing medication anymore since its returned...Keep up the great work to the Flex Radio workshop team!!!!!
Photo of Brenton Meadows

Brenton Meadows

• 61 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • extremely thankful.....

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 638 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Congratulations, you're doing better than me. My 6500 has been back to Flex for five weeks now with no estimate when I will get it back. 

Jon...kf2e
Photo of Rory - N6OIL

Rory - N6OIL

• 255 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Jon that seems weird, I sent mine off and got it back in about 10 days. I'm sure you have confirmation that they did receive it. Is it a warranty repair?
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 638 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Mine is not a warranty repair and I'm sure that has contributed to the extended repair time. My issue was the ethernet port was dead. I have emailed several times and they always answer but the radio is still not fixed. As of the last email I was told there are several radios ahead of mine. This could easily wind up being a 2 month repair.

Jon...kf2e
(Edited)
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 773 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Seems so it should be "first come, first serve".  At least Flex would make a few bucks from non-warranty repairs interspersed among the warranty repairs.   Maybe they were just backlogged Jon and are indeed working through the pile :)