Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

External PTT doesnt allow PC digitial Audio through to TX

Options

v1.4 is awesome ! Digital TX audio = no more wires via ACC = no RFI which is cool  :o).

However seems I cant get the digital PC TX audio setting to drive rig to actual modulation if I use external PTT to key the radio. If I click MOX with mouse works it works just fine? Am I doing something **** ?  The level meter is going up and down like a good un. Also no MON audio output for the PC TX audio setting.

I've been told I'm **** many times before so this could be the actual problem.

Is this behaviour because the majority of operators will be using the PC TX audio setting to work remote.  I like to site in front of mine (6300) so I can keep a beady eye on it .  Will this be supported later maybe ?

Also while I'm on,  I've noticed another phenomenon  - on immediately keying the radio I get some kind of short noise burst (ACC and  PC settings for approx about 30ms) which generates enough TX modulation to send several watts of RF energy to my linear resulting in a 400 + pep output before I start to talk - some people RXing have made comment on the noise fairly routinely.

I think this is already under investigation though looking at other posts wrt buffer filling up ?   

Best Regards

Keith

GW0HYU

Comments

• Bill
    Bill Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have a similar problem with a lack of transmit audio not coming through. Receive audio is fine, space bar toggles t/r. DAX control panel shows no transmit audio, tune button shows rf, level meter shows no audio, but I can hear audio in the Heil headset. I feel like I am missing one switch somewhere? Bill, KI4B
  • Bill
    Bill Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am also now getting a message of a DAX driver error. Bill ,KI4B
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you need to open a HelpDesk ticket so we can eliminate the reported issues first and then work from there.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Some of the use cases for digital transmit involve alternating between SSB and digital data.  SSTV would be one case, users of software like EasyPAL would be another.  To accommodate this style of operation, the "hard PTT" lines will draw audio from microphones while software and MOX will work with the digital data.  This way you can use software to key and transmit and then pick up the microphone and talk without continually changing the mic input settings.  It was reasoned that most that are using digital modes will transmit with CAT or the API directly and that this would help the folks that switch inputs and not cause an issue for the "pure digital" operators.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.