Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

External display problem on 6400M

Dennis Little
Dennis Little Member ✭✭
Just tried to connect an external display to my 6400M for the first time and the monitor reads "No Signal". Monitor is an Acer about 6 month old. Plug same HDMI cable to computer and the same monitor and it works fine. Running the latest software on the 6400M. All settings in the Advanced Display seem to be set up according to the users guide. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Comments

• Jay W5IB
    Jay W5IB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did you try turning off flex, power off monitor, then connect monitor and power it up, then re-boot flex?
    Sometimes the monitor does not pickup new connection
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yea Jay tried that several times. It's acting like and is saying on the monitor that it's not getting any signal from the radio. I think there's a problem with the radio. The cable works from the computer to the monitor so I know its not the HDMI cable.
  • Jay W5IB
    Jay W5IB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ok, go to MENU, then Advanced Display, wait for the graphices control panel to load.
    Then select DISPLAY.
    Select Multiple displays
    Select Clone displays, then save profile.

power down Flex, then reboot.  Maybe this will work.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Jay tried your last reply. In Advance Display  then in Display and the only thing showing up is Single Display. Multiple Display is not showing up in order to choose it.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jay I'll call Flex later this morning. Thanks for you help. Tried what you suggested but not seeing anywhere on the advance screen where it will let me clone displays.
  • VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Check input on monitor?
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    When I first connected my 6600M to a monitor this was my problem.  But, after trying a few other things I figured it out. The monitor was in the VGA position instead of Auto or HDMI where it will work.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    Dennis,

What model Acer display is it?  
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    H236hl. It works fine with my computer using the same cHDMI cable.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Tried auto, selected HDMI AND STILL NO CONNECTION. It’s back at Flex and they’re trying to fix the problem
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2018
    I don't see a reason why that display wouldn't work.  I understand we have the unit back.  We'll check it out.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yea Eric when the radio is plugged in to the monitor a message pops up saying "No Signal" can unplug it from the radio and plug it into the computer and the display comes up as it should.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hope I can get it back pretty quick. It got back to your place yesterday. Any help getting it back quickly would be appreciated.
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Eric can u check the status of my 6400m. If its going to take a couple of weeks I’ll tell Matt or Mike to just refund my money. I’ve heard several people having problems with the external display. Just need an answer before my 30 day return policy is up
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2018
    Your radio was on the bench on Friday.  I'll see what I can find out.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited March 2018
    We should have your radio shipping out by tomorrow from what I understand.
  • Larry A.  NN5O
    Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have a 6600M and having what sounds like the same problem.  Can't get output to go to the 32" HDTV.  I've tried the steps in the manual, then all the steps shown above.  I used the HDTV just today with the same HDMI cable connected to my Macintosh MacBook Pro and it worked just perfect.  I have the HDMI cable going from the Flex to the HDMI 1 input.  I've checked the input settings on the TV and they are correct for HD signal throughput.
    I confess that it's frustrating to try everything in the manual, all steps here, and other multiple reboots, disconnects, reconnects, and in a variety of sequences.  Still NOTHING!
    I should be able to figure this out....that is, if there's nothing wrong with the radio.
    I have given speeches to groups on every continent except Antarctica, using multiple video formats (mainly NTSC and PAL), in a wide variety of locations where a broad array of projectors, switches, etc. were used.  Even in Singapore, where the video technicians were relatively unfamiliar with the translation from NTSC to PAL for large room projectors, I was able to achieve the proper configuration so the video signal appeared on the massive screen.  So, you might imagine that I'm shaking my head because this seemingly straightforward process is stumping me.

Radio Serial # is 0818-0646-6601-2641 running Hardware Version 2.1.33.106
    The TV is a Hitachi 32" HDTV with 2 HDMI ports.  I have used both ports, switched them several times, rebooted several times (with connection sequences rotated each time to ensure that I've covered every combination of reboot configurations).  Nothing!

Any advice on what I should try now?

Thanks so much...and I am a THRILLED owner of this amazing radio!

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O
        Founder/CEO, National Center for Technology Planning
        Assoc. Prof. (Ret), MS State University Instructional Technology
           Tupelo, MS  38801  (birthplace of Elvis)
  • Dennis Little
    Dennis Little Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Larry I tried everything that I thought I could and even had Flex reps help me to no avail. Had to send the radio back to Flex. They have sent me a new radio and it should arrive tomorrow. Love the radio BUT I think there is a problem with some of the rigs. Flex reps told me that not all the radios have this problem and they are working to solve this issue. I think they got a hold of some faulty components. Just put in a Help Desk ticket and Flex has been good about contacting me in a short period of time. Good luck!
  • joe francalanza
    joe francalanza Member
    edited June 2020
    Hello
            I have the same proble with my Flex 6400M Maestro as i connected the HDMI from the radio and to the PC monitor which has VGA and HDMI input and i tried every thing but i can not see the radio on the monitor ..
    any idea..
    many thanks
    regards
    Joe  9H1GT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.