Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

EXPERT 1.3 PA and FLEX 6500 ?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello !
I am looking for a detailed description of how to set up my EXPERT 1.3 PA with Flex 6500.
Vy 73 de Wolfgang, DL2RDH

Answers

• David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wolfgang, I did this very installation last month and Expert's Dan Tassell, KC5PCB, kc5pcb2@att.net -- has all of the answers and the made to order cables you need. He gets my "five stars." Well worth the time and money. Ultimately, his setup will allow the Expert amp to control some of the Flex functions like power output for minimum, medium and maximum power output from the Expert amp. If I can help with anything else, just email.

David Ahrendts, KK6DA, Los Angeles
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I wrote up something. Much of it is still valid. 

http://www.n2rj.com/2016/12/flex-radio-1108-beta-and-serial-port.html?showComment=1496950160336#c881...

You can buy Dan's cables but it's easy to make one if you want to save a few bucks. 

Ria
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Dan's cable worked perfectly on my 2K plugged into USB port on Flex 6700.  He made mine extra length at very little additional charge.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Ria for the USB port write up for the Expert and other stuff, it'll come in handy when I switch over from DDUtil to the USB ports.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have run both path....

1.- Dan's Cable:  Five Stars...it works...you will be able to turn on your amp at same time your turn on your flex......but....you won't be able to turn off the amp without turn off your flex....no matter you use Expert software if you have turn on option on Dan's Cable....You always will have amp on....Dan's cable has not connection to PC directly

2.- Expert SPE recommended cable: ....only 3 cable to soldering or not --> I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YM3W5P4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)....connected from SPE 1.3Kfa to PC trough female 232 at your PC, I bought female 232 connector from amazon cause my cause my PC has male 232 (Check this point)
    You will able either use Expert software or use DDutil.....not both software at same time cause conflitc and corruption...

I Kept 2nd option cause I like to work amp with DDutil....plus my steppIr and rotor

Good Luck!! 73's

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ ....

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I need to write more but I have not had the time. Particularly pseudo SO2R setup with the 1.3K-FA. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.