Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Excess power detected on receiver error message - flex 6500 & maestro

Options
Richy
Richy Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This started last night after a fault occurred with my kpa1500 while i was on 160m,it
receives fine, I get the Error Has Occurred - Excess Power Detected pop up every time i try to transmit or tune.
This happens on both antenna ports and with or without a dummy load.

Nothing unusual on the front panel at start up or transmit. on transmit, relay clicks and the LED blinks red back to green and the error pops up.   This happens on both windows or Maestro (2.4.9)

I opened a ticket, but does anyone have any other ideas ? I did do a factory reset with no joy.

Thanks,
Rich
n2ry

Comments

• Richy
    Richy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    saw that, read it, nothing helped. same cables worked on other radios just fine at 100 watts (AM no less). 6500 wont even tune at 10-15 watts

known good  cables, and running straight into a dummy load doesn't work either.

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Visually inspect and/or replace all coax connectors/cables. Start PL-259's still in RF path to Dummy Load.
  • Richy
    Richy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just noticed this, this morning .....  lower right corner says " TX  TX fault"

Sign of a hardware error ?

Rich
    n2ry

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Rich,  What firmware level was you running on your KPA150.  Versions below 2.0 had a very serious fault on some units when using on 160 meters that could damage or destroy the PA transistors.
  • Richy
    Richy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi Larry,

I was running v.2.0.9

I updated to 2.0 as soon as I got the email about it. And then to 2.0.9 a week or so ago.

Ironically, I lost the PA's shortly after getting the amp in early Nov and running on 160m, I believe the version was like 1.78 ?

It was repaired under warranty, and less than a month or so the v2.0 email came out.

Rich
    n2ry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.