Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Exactly what does factory reset of 6600M include and not include in the reset?

Jim-KB1ZNV
Jim-KB1ZNV Member ✭✭
I know it resets all the profiles and settings but specifically what else does it reset? For example, would you have to re-download the SmartSDR version as in the initial set up and reset any current smartlinks with your computer and/or IOS, or would all the links stay the same without requiring re-linking. I have currently no need to reset at the present time but settings do get kind of messed up as your learning curve improves and may be better to start over again. Really enjoying myself learning everything about my first Flexradio. Thanks.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Factory reset does not **** the SSDR install or smartlink. It resets all the processors. It mostly is done to clear the persistence. So saving your profiles so you can simply restore things the same is important.
  • Jim-KB1ZNV
    Jim-KB1ZNV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Bill. It probably would be a good idea for Flex to include that in the manual for a future update.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The manual does suggest saving profiles for importing them.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    As I just purchased once of the Factory Fresh Demo Unit 6600M at the Dayton Show.  I do not have the unit or manual so if it is in the manual I am sorry to ask.  What is the procedure to preform the Factory Reset?  I want to d this to return, if any, "playing in the sandbox, settings that may have occurred at the show.  Don't want to get the radio and have a "false" does not work and find out someone set some menu setting that the radio does not like.  TNX in advance.

**** - N4RWG
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    NEVER MIND..... I downloaded the manual and found the information.   TNX
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It also resets atu.memories.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You purchased it at the dayton show the official response from flex when asked if any would be available for purchase at the show was a definite no here in the community .... I guess they are acting like our president now saying something one day and doing the contrary the next ... sheesh you cant trust anyone anymore!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.