Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Exact swr on 6300.

Dolan Morrison
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR CAT
Is there any way i can find out the exact swr with the  internal ATU  on the 6300.
Success or fail is that reports.
thank you for any response.gm0lze

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Denley W3XY wrote a very useful utility called the "Flexmeter Experiment"

It gives digital numbers for SWR instead of those almost invisible and almost meaningless red lines on a black background.

Maybe he might share the latest version again

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I just updated the FlexMeter program to show power readings in watts as well as in dBm.  The free utility can be still be downloaded at www.denzone.com.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Denley

The temperature readout needs to be updated for SSDR v1.4

I now get s 2200C PA temp
  • N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited June 2017

How accurate is the Flex 6K metering expected to be? Isn't it a better idea to use something like the N8LP LP-100A that has been calibrated to NIST standards? And even so, that still leaves a few percent (maybe 5-10%) uncertainty.

From what I understand, accurate power measurements are a real challenge. When the SWR is very low, around 1:1 there is very little reflected power to measure. And when it is very high (> 9:1) almost all the power is reflected, and the difference between forward and reflected becomes difficult to measure. (Power is not really reflected, voltages and currents are reflected. Power is dissipated, mainly in the load, even under high SWR conditions.) The LP-100A craps out around >9:1.

• Denley W3XY
    Denley W3XY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for reminding me.  The fixed version is posted.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    No one will ever notice if your power is 10% high or low. Only your hair dresser will now for sure. Watts is a really poor indicator of reality, dBm is a good thing.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The temp of the PA should show both in F and C or be able to configure it to show one or the other.  Also, the SWR reading always shows 1.00 which is a little confusing.  It should show 0 till you tx.
  • Phil - N6ERP
    Phil - N6ERP Member
    edited October 2016
    I agree. The temp display should be changable between C or F.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.