Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

EU delivery for 6400,6600 and Powergenius

ik2egl
ik2egl Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
hi all,
I would like to open this thread to monitor the delivery of new equipments to EU land. (we know that we depends on CE certification too)

Answers

• SP7IDX
    SP7IDX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Is the date of completion of the CE certification process and the first delivery to the EU known?
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    HI Don - thanks for the good post. I'm also waiting to get my FLEX 6600M delivered to Switzerland. I keep you posted. 73 Wolfgang www.hb9ryz.ch
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am really surprised that Flex is not answering to the post...... 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    CE certification is in progress.  We are not making any forward-looking statements as to when that might be completed.  Since we sell exclusively through a dealer network in the EU, delivery questions are best answered by your distributor,  If they do not know, then they should contact Flexradio directly for the information.
  • Marc Fröhlich
    edited June 2018
    The dealer tells me a month for months, now. Any news?
  • Peter DK6HQ
    Peter DK6HQ Member
    edited June 2018
    As we could read here in the forum delivery to the EU will begin in June 2018.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just went back from FHN

Let me point out thatK5SDR was missing, and I always saw him at FHN

We have video of him thar last year announced new 6000 series in FHN and powergeniu, and no problem in short delivery but up to now many annoucements but no delivery.

Not benefit for early adopters
    That's the real situation
  • Marc Fröhlich
    edited June 2018
    Hi Don,

I sold my 6300, awaiting that the announcement of aviability of the 6400m leads to another trx for the ukw-contest weekend at 1st july weekend. I am not very optimistic that time since there had never been a reliable date for delivery.

Now I am thinking of getting a IC7610 instead.
    Too bad, I really wanted a flexradio again but I need a trx now - I have no alternative rigs here...
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    me too Marc.
    I had all flex equipments and unfortunately my 6500 burned out last summer, due to a really strong storm.

I immediately ordered a 6600 for replacement and in the mean time I had no other TRX.

time was going on and I start looking around for a possible alternative and my choice went to SUNSDR2PRO ,which is now in my station doing  a really good job and drive PA really fine even if only 20W output

I cancelled my preorder witrh Flex consequently 

that's my story

• Marc Fröhlich
    edited June 2018
    SUNSDR2PRO seems to be a good alternative for me, too. Maybe I can cinfigure my vhf pa to handle 10w max instead of 20w. Then I would not need a xvtr any longer - the rmdr of the SUNSDR2PRO seems to bee good, even on vhf.

Thanks for calling my attention to that rig. I will check this.

If I am looking back to the last time of shipment (nearly 3 weeks), I think there is no chance to get a flex 6400m before the vhf july contest. That´s really a great pity since I wanted to get a flex 6400m instead of 6300 only for no longer need to drive a trx by computer :D.

No happy end on that ;-(

• Marc Fröhlich
    edited June 2018
    Hi Peter,

I found nothing like that after using the search function and look around a little bit.
    May you can post a link here?

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As reported here in mid May, we have completed CE certification and are waiting for the final few required components to arrive in the next two weeks to begin assembly.  We expect to complete the entire current EU backlog to our distributors by the end of July.  
    Gerald

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.