Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ESC in N1MM+ takes long to stop transmit

Ignacy Misztal
edited August 2020 in Third-Party Software
When running with N1MM, pressing ESC should cause the transmit to stop immediately. But in 6600 it takes a second or longer. Is there any way around?

Comments

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I beleive you have an issue with the PC. It has not to do with the Flexradio. Do you have other processes in the PC that consumes processor power? RBN spots or other Dx cluster!? 73 Kari
  • Ignacy Misztal
    edited February 2020
    My computer show 25% CPU utilization.  The delay is the same whether I am assisted or unassisted (=no cluster). 
    How fast does your Flex react to ESC? My traditional radios react immediately.

Ignacy, NO9E
  • Eugene
    Eugene Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This is a Winkey problem. It conveys in words, not in letters, so it does not stop immediately on ESC
  • Ignacy Misztal
    edited February 2020
    Is this Winkey as implemented in SmartSDR? I am using a  default by N1MM+. Any way to fix the problem?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    OK I have had the same issue. I thought I had N1MM setup to use my Winkeyer USB external device but I did not. I was using a Winkeyer port in SmartSDR.

So I switched to my USB winkeyer and escape stops instantly.  So the delay is in fact related to the Flex Winkeyer implementation.

Thanks for posting this. Has always been an annoyance which is now fixed.
  • Eugene
    Eugene Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If you turn off the PTT CAT port in N1MM, then Winkey works correctly in CW , but without PTT CAT will not work on transmitting DAX TX in SSB
  • Boyan LZ2BE
    Boyan LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

You don't need PTT CAT if N1MM is set to "PTT via command" for SSB and Digi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.