Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

error opening dax audio

Options
Ken Golubski
Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
It seems I cannot get DM 780 working with my 6600. I have HRD and the logbook running FB, but every time I try to run DM 780, it tells me:
Error Opening DAX Audio RX1
Sound Card I/O: Failed at 48khz and 8khz, giving up.

Reading several of the previous posts here, it seems like the only solution for similar problems is to reinstall the drivers. Is that the only solution? This is all a brand new install, with no updates. Windows 10.

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I would open the sound control panel and look at the names of the Flex audio devices. The name of the device should match the description of the devices in parentheses. If they do not, Windows update has likely destroyed your devices. The sound control panel can be reached conveniently by right clicking on the speaker icon in the tray, and selecting the sound control there. I’m a Mac guy, but occasionally use Windows, so I am not the best choice to fix theses issues., There are a number of threads on the community discussing this.
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, all of the names match. I can see the audio on the DAX Control panel graphic.
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks, Ted. I sure did. Mine is set up exactly as he describes. I just can't get past the error when loading DM 780.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.