Error communicating with Maestro Hardware(152) Please try again. (Y)

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
I purchased a used Maestro recently (Real Cheap). The previous owner somehow managed to rip the USB 3.0 connector jack off of the Main Circuit board while opening the case to charge the battery in the Tablet.  I purchase a couple of new surface mount jacks and had a friend of mine that does rework on surface mount boards reattach the jack to the Main Board.
This jack has a cable plugged into it that connects the Main Board to the Audio Board on the back cover. If I hit OK the unit appears to continue to boot and it sits there for ever saying Loading.... on the screen.  The buttons light up and I can toggle them on and off. The VFO knobs appear to work because if I shut the Maestro down and go back to the front panel controls on my 6600M the frequency on both VFO's has changed. so I know its communicating with the radio. It just seems to me that the rear board with all the input/output jacks is not communicating with the main board. I hear no sound whatsoever in my Headphones plugged into the rear Headphone jack (no clicks, pops, or anything). I believe the issue is the main board is not talking to the rear audio board but I can't troubleshoot it because I need a schematic diagram of that part of the circuit. Flex won't fix it because its been worked on by someone else and the Factory is no help.  Does anybody have a diagram for this so I can try to troubleshoot it???

Photo of Rick

Rick

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 831 Posts
  • 1522 Reply Likes
Rick, there is probably a way we can get you the information you need.  Put in a ticket and ask them to contact me for the info.

I hope you understand why we don't try to repair radios that have been worked on by customers.  There is no way we can estimate the damage or even know if a device can be fixed. Repairs like that can take hours of engineering (not technician) time to diagnose if at all possible. I know because I have been called in to consult on some like that in the past.

73, Gerald