Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Erratic Screen updates when moving the RF power slider in v1.0.5

Michael N6BRP
Michael N6BRP Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I sometimes check SWR after auto-tune by clicking the tune button and sliding the RF power slider to max briefly to check SWR at max power. With v1.0.0 the operation was smooth, with very little display latency. With Beta 1.0.5 however, the screen updates are much slower and erratic, with attendant scratchy audio during the operation. It may just be my computer video frame rate. I'll try checking it with my gaming system to be sure. I also see the Comp problem reported by other users -Mike.

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    After installing SmartSDR v1.0.5, I had the same results. After rebooting both the radio and computer it seems to working like version 1.0.0 did. I've checkedit several times since installing.
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited March 2017
    I tried rebooting several times, and could not resolve the problem. Did the comp indicator work properly after you rebooted?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, the COMP indicator worked correctly.
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited March 2017
    Ok, I tried my higher end computer today (2 Nvidia 9800 gtx+ vid cards, quad core cpu), with basically the same results and no comp indication at all. I decided to drop back to v1.0.0 and wait until later releases. Not sure what the problem is
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Are you using the +20 dB boost with your audio setup?
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited November 2013
    I reloaded v1.0.5, was not using the +20db boost and got no compression indicator, however when I applied the +20 db boost, I got about -6 or so db of compression. I'm using a Heil HM pro mic. I still get the erratic screen updates when moving the RF power slider.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This is what I suspected. Thank you for the confirmation. This looks to be a metering defect and I have entered this into our bug tracker for further investigation.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Michael, please see the following Community post for additional info on your original issue listed above. There is reported slider delay when the control is changing something in the hardware like the PA drive. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/delay_in_volume_adjustment_main_speaker_control
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Tim!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.