Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

erratic compression slider

Jim McLester
Jim McLester Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
If the PTT is activated too soon after moving slider the slider will move erratically with each PTT until there is a 1 or 2 second delay. Problem is intermittent. It was doing this yesterday evening and again today until I started trying to define the conditions under which it occurs. It is now not doing this game. Will add info if / when it returns.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Yes it will. You have to give the radio time to receive the new compression command and process it. We are looking at a way to mitigate this behavior, but for now it is "how it works".
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    Tim, that may well be the problem. However it does jump around to values that don't (to me) follow completely with that cause. I concede that with a 10 second delay it doesn't act up. The amount of "noise motion" seems to decrease with longer wait times!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorta glad to see someone else is having this problem, but it is an annoying problem. Setting compression usually involves changing the setting, testing, and changing again in rapid order. Maybe a TX inhibit with a pop up modal window would be helpful?
  • Jim-WD5IYT
    Jim-WD5IYT Inactive Employee
    edited October 2013
    Changing the compressor setting requires sending a large amount of parameter data into the DSP module using a relatively slow serial data path. It is definitely not what we want, and we have been working on this problem for some time now, but have not yet found a suitable solution. It is definitely on the list, though! Jim WD5IYT
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The 1-2 second delay works, but sure was acting really weird before I knew that. Really an unexpected side effect. I think this should make it into the release notes caveats for other folks who might not be aware.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.