Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

eq sliders not showing up

Jon Pinch
Jon Pinch Member
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ihave 6500 and using 1.0.0.... the right side of the screen, bottom, doesn't show in the screen. It did on the beta versions. This is the area with the sliders for EQ. what am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    With the addition of the VOX window the SmartSDR is probably exceeds the vertical resolution of your monitor. The windows are currently a fixed size. Are you running SmartSDR at full screen? What is the vertical size/ resolution of your screen? Can you increase it? Note that you can rearrange the order of the transmit windows by left click and dragging.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    What is your screen resolution in pixels?
  • Jon Pinch
    Jon Pinch Member
    edited October 2013
    I'll check.... not at home. It's a brand new computer with built in 27 inch screen running windows 8. I've tried it a full screen and it picks up about half of the sliders on the bottome right. The main tuning screen on left is fine and shows 100%. Must be operator error of some sort.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Are you running Win8 or Win 8.1?
  • Jon Pinch
    Jon Pinch Member
    edited October 2013
    I'll have to check
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Win 8.1 has a new dynamic DPI scaling feature that is enabled by default to "optimize" your display and it can play havoc with the SmartSDR screen layout. You can turn this feature off if needed.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Also you can rearrange the display order of the TX window boxes. If you click and hold the top bar of the VOX window, you will be able to move it down and have the EQ box take it's place, now you can see the EQ window.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited December 2013
    Bruce - N5FD John, FYI the HD screen 17" (1920 x 1080) on my laptop had a similar display but I could select full screen (top right corner) and see enough to turn on the On and the 600 hz receive boost. That was running Win 8. When I upgraded to 8.1 the SER screen displayed completely. Win 8.1 appears to have their 100% scale (default on upgrade) using smaller image and text than Win8.0. This may have been done to accommodate the new tiles on the start page. I have a full SmartSDR window and Ve7cc running side by side. All works very well and am enjoying my FxR6500. CW only operation with nice filters 250Hz mostly and 100Hz often with the 600Hz offset and RX boost on max. Great to have a multiband 6-20M antenna and to see the ATU instantly display "success" on the swr meter. I just hope we are not entering another Maunder Minimum! P.S A large 4F monitor with Win 8.1 dynamic DPI scaling could make an awesome display with may four or so programs displaying in Ultra HD on the same monitor. Robert Cline

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.