Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enlarge Frequency Display while adjusting

Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
I would really love the frequency display to be greatly enlarged and centered temporarily while adjusting either VFO, kinda like volume but no background necessary. This to me is a feature request that is higher priority than WAN. Alternately as suggested in my Maestro review, the ability to select font sizes/colors or at least alternate slice size for the visual impaired or guys like me in our late 50's who shouldn't have to struggle to see a frequency readout in both the SmartSDR on a PC and the Maestro. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As a 54 year old with marginal eye sight, it still is not a priority over WAN. Great idea though!
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2018
    Not matter if I'm connected via WAN or local I still cannot see the freq properly, so yes please!
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I agree, at this point the priority should the WAN (hopefully with multi-user pan/slice) feature that was announced as future development before Maestro and has a very large audience waiting for its release. There are many GUI design updates for the SSDR and Maestro that could be done though not at the priority over the 2.0. There is also the likelihood that the 2.0 release will include a GUI refresh since it is a major release level. That would make everyone will be happy or of course as with change everyone will be complaining too.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Interesting idea.  I could go along with this if the users had the option to turn it on or off.  It would probably bug me if large digital display numbers even temporarily covered up too much of the spectrum display.  

When tuning I'm mostly concentrating on signals on spectrum display and note the scrolling frequencies between the spectrum display and waterfall.  I only occasionally glance at the frequency display. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Since the software is mostly complete, or functional, I wonder how much work it would be to add it now? As appose to adding when they began the planning.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Perhaps in the DISPLAY, the slice gui with a couple of sizes, NORMAL, MEDIUM, LARGE.  or specific TEMP FREQ DISPLAY: OFF, SMALL, MED, LARGE with option to choose color as in PowerSDR.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps it's time to admit that U need reading glasses like the rest of us old codgers
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    There is FRstack and probably some others. FRstack might not get large enough for some. In the options the font display size can be adjusted.

http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

• Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Great idea Mike

I got bifocals to solve this present issue !!

Cheers

Kevin 

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Being In my 80's with failing eyesight this would be most helpful.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Mike,
    There are a number of requests that have been submitted over several years to improve the readability of the SSDR for Windows application.  Here is one example that is 3 years old and in the top 5 of all time based on number of votes.  

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea_to_improve_the_swr_and_power_scale_readability

If you peruse the idea list you can find more requests to improve the GUI from both a visibility and usability (i.e. reduce clicks, automate features like AGC-T, click tuning for CW, etc) standpoint. 

Based on feedback from FRS it appears that GUI improvements are low on the priority list.  At one point they were referred to as "eye candy."   Maybe the Maestro GUI requests will rank higher.  

On the other hand, maybe FRS will get around to addressing many of them in V2.x.   I know some feel we should get them in the V1.x series but I'd be happy to pay for them.  And maybe since they don't seem to be considered the kind of updates that offer a competitive advantage FRS will let us know if / when they are planned.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.