Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ending a remote session with a 6500 using the Maestro

Les Brown
Les Brown Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am operating my Flex 6500 remotely using the Maestro, which is connected to my LAN by an Ethernet cable. So far, the only way I have figured out to end a session is to go to the Network menu and click on WiFi. Is there a better way to do this? It seems to me there should be and 'end session' button or something like that.

Answers

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    I have the same problem. And when you just shut down the maestro and turn it back on it shows still connected and you can’t connect back up. I tried to disconnect user but don’t work. I know on my iPhone there is a disconnect option and frees up the radio for another connection. Jay
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Can you reconnect with your PC to discontinue the Maestro session?
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    If a session is in progress, use the Switch Radio button on the Radio tab of the Main Menu to end the session and return to the Select Radio screen, tap the logged in SmartLink user icon in the lower right corner of the screen, then tap Logout in the Account Settings screen.

See page 43 of Maestro User Guide. It is usual to leave it connected in order to avoid having to log in, next time you start a session.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes I can boot it with the PC. And logging out of smart link is more of a pain. Are you saying don’t log in while your local? I will look at the Manuel when I get home. Thank You Jay
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Any time you logon via SmartLink via a different Client Device be it a PC, Maestro, iPhone, Mac or IPad, SmartLink will give you the option to disconnect whatever device is currently connected to the Radio.

There is NO need to logoff from SmartLink as the remote or local device can take control of the radio via SmartLink and logoff the current client.

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I typically run my Maestro using Smartlink, with my pc remoting in via VPN. I do this so I can run Hamradio Deluxe, Dat and Cat for digital modes as well as N1MN for contesting. When I exit Smartlink I do nothing more than a quit press on the power button.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    I agree with that. But my Maestro will not disconnect other users. Dont know why but it dont. And it will not disconnect it self If by change I was using a hotspot and drop out then log back in. No go. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.