Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Elmers and Alphas?

2»

Answers

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited May 2017
    Yes its lin amp uk. They have brought out a 500w full duty 2m solid state pa after selling their initial 300w ones on 2m 70cms and a dual band 4m/6m one which i have used for three years. I should be taking delivery of their first 1.2kw 2m full duty pa in a few weeks. It is now on their website. The hf and 6m pa with lan support for flex is still being developed. A bigger 4/6m amp is likely to be out before that and i have just sold my 300w one this week ready for upgrading to give me the legal 400w at antenna full duty with plenty of headroom:-) They are very well designed and have very good filtering for clean tx.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    image PGXL
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Good to know. I'll contact them again. I need a good eme amp.
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited May 2017
    Roger is going on holiday this coming week to ea8 land so you may not get a reply this week but he has ordered the big 2m amp chassis supply so my amp should be being built when he gets back and the metal has arrived. I have seen videos of the pre production version in operation with nearly 1.2kw out key down for 30mins full duty and still cool enough to avoid thermal cut off kicking in. Just need to get my bigger 2m yagi stack built up now before the amp arrives:-)
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited May 2017
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the power genius Ria - its still my preferred hf option too as i need so2r for hf and 6m contesting. Or if the pound is still weak i may opt for two of the new hf/6 amps from lin amp and put one on each input to my antenna genius plus 8 port switch.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    What makes you think Alpha testers and Elmers represent any interests except helping to create a stable, forward progressing radio and try to lend a hand for people with problems?  I find your comment bigoted and uninformed.  You kind of presume (actually pretend) you know what you're talking about.  Alpha testers are about helping develop functional and iterative solutions to bugs in the code, not about advancing our own pet design criteria to be included in the radio.  Now you have a little better insight.  This forum allows you to provide Flex with your bright ideas, same as me.

73  W9OY
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had a response to Steve all typed, but my better angels warned me I'd had too much to drink and to keep my peace in these days when we honor those who kept both England and America free... Tim and Gerald, and all of the Flex team, wherever you may be, have a blessed weekend. Rick, W0FG, USN CTR2 1968-1972
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well said Lee. I was beta tester for email and ftp server software and though I did contribute in the development of early spam detection, the beta program was basically getting early versions (pre-release) of software and either running on a test server or on production servers, then reporting on bugs and fixes. In return we got free software and upgrades. That's it. Non-disclosure both ways. Just because leaking private and confidential information seems to be the norm these days, some organizations and companies due the right thing and respect agreements and people's privacy.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.