Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Elecraft XV144 transverter

Gary Franklin
Gary Franklin Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Will the Elecraft XV144 transverter transmit & receive on 146 - 148 mhz when used with the 6300.

Answers

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Yes,  I've used a XV144 with both a 6300 and 6500.  

Cal/N3CAL 

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    They will work on receive but not sure on transmit above 146.  I had one installed on my old Flex 5000a and I don't think I could transmit above 146 due to being out of band on 10 meters.  I'm not positive about that though since I was using the XV144 on SSB and CW and never went above about 144.300.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes and no.  The XV144 is only rated for 144-146 MHz.  You will get something between 146-148, but not full sensitivity or power output. It gets worse as you go higher than 146.

I don't know of any transverter that covers the full 2m band, or even 146-148.  But I'd like to have one for my 6500!  You could probably tweak the XV144 to work higher if you know what you're doing.

73 Martin AA6E
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It will work the whole 2m band at 144 to 148 mhz if your base radio has the 28 to 32 mhz band. It works any modes such SSB, CW or FM if its available in your radio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/144-to-28-MHz-ASSEMBLED-TRANSVERTER-2meters-2m-144mhz-146mhz-VHF-UHF-Ham-Rad...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.