Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

EFHW-8010 chassis has scre rattling around, I can't open the box

I have an EFHW-8010 antenna which comes with an electronics box where the wire antenna is attached. there is a **** or nut rattling around inside. I've unscrewed the 4 small screws on top but still can't get the cover open. Anyone know how?

Answers

• Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I could also not get mine apart, I think they glue them together.

Joe 
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Joe
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I am assuming that your referring the the MyAntennas version of the EFHW-8010?

I can't help you with the opening of the sealed balun box.  But if you  or someone reading this wants to have the same antenna with a box that can be opened and cleaned/repaired and save some money along the way.  Then look to Balun Designs as they make a 49:1 in a box that can be open and if you look at youtube videos by Steve Ellington then you can get the dimensions to make the wire element yourself.  Or if you really want to save $'s wind the balun yourself.  Steve Ellington has a youtube video to show you how.

I have made several and they work just as well as the purchased one.

Helpful links below.

https://www.balundesigns.com/model-49131-49-1-for-end-fed-half-waves-up-to-1kw/

https://www.youtube.com/user/n4lq/search?query=efhw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.