Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ECO 75-1006

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can anyone provide details of exactly what this ECO entails? I have a 6300 which has the fan noise present whenever using the front panel mic input. I’d prefer to do the work myself if possible. Eric K2CB

Answers

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited March 2020
    Anyone?
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    see

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/is-the-eco-75-1006-modification-now-included-in-new...

think this may answer your question....

Paul K3SF

if not then submit help desk ticket
    to get a direct response from flex

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited August 2019

It does not answer my question.

I am looking for specific info as to what exactly this mod entails. I am more than capable of handling such modifications.  Worst case, I will open up another 6300 which was made after the fix, and compare it to the one in question. However, I am trying avoid the time and aggravation of opening a second radio.

Flex refused to provide any info when I submitted a help desk ticket. They want me to send the radio in for "repairs" to the tune of approximately $200 after shipping is factored in.   Even at that, they will not tell me what exactly will be done to the radio if it were to be sent in.

Only after asking questions, was it discovered that the issue is a known manufacturing defect, and that an ECO for said issue exists. 

The worst part is that they never notified the original owner that this ECO existed, and that the subject radio needed this fix.  They will not cover it as it would have been had this issue been discovered while under warranty. It's not like this issue occurred only after the warranty expired. A nice way to weasel out of a known manufacturing defect!

I would be really curios as to who and how many have EVER received notification, of this or any other ECO, if they did not contact Flex first to report an issue.

I can tell you one thing, all the hams I know locally who own a 6000 series radio have NEVER received any ECO related notifications, whether in or out of warranty.

Eric
    K2CB

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    OUCH!!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'm still waiting to find out what PA temp will shut down a 6600M?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Eric my first Flex 6300 I purchased over 4 years ago had TX Audio issues.  I could never get the TX audio to sound right.  I had noise in the Mic Input.  I sent it back for repair and the ticket only mentioned ECO 75-1006 being performed along with a re-alignment.  As I recall this had something to do with the Mic circuit grounds?    I didn't find out about it until after I submitted a trouble ticket and got the radio back.

Cal/N3CAL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.