Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Earned Bragging Rights -Flex-6700

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am back on the air under the HOA/CC&R and a hidden 20 meter dipole (had a paid climber do the honor of installing it:) pointing north south.
I have worked more than 90 countries confirmed and several minutes ago I "Worked All States " on JT9 in less than 30 days confirmed via LoTW.
Thank you Flex for your fascinating high sensitivity radio; I managed to pull it off. My last State worked; which I though i would not be possible was Delaware; being to close to northern Florida. WA3X, Paul was copied at a minus 27 and I could barely see a trace.

Now, hoping to see The Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015 -- H.R.1301 go through the Senate and I'll be able to install a better antenna.

Flex-6700
20m Dipole 30 ft above ground
Running less than 40 W.

Comments

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ernest, glad you're on the air,

73's
    Lew
    N4CO
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    That's great.  I know it's an awesome feeling when you get a bunch of stuff working together against all odds.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
      Well done!

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nicely done! WAS in 30 days?! Delaware was your last one, eh? I'm surprised you actually found somebody on the air in North Dakota? Impressive! Congrats. And bravo for the persistence and in demomstratin gene old adage "where there's a will, there's a way"! Peter K1PGV
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thank you all for the response and the complements.
    Over the years, I have learned how to work ND consistently.  
    The winter is very harsh and their antennas freezes over; as a result, they do not want to be scraping ice in the winter.
    The best time is March to early October. 
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
        North Dakota QSO party has been taking place in April, if all else fails.

Ned  K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.