Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DXKeeper & 6500

Tom Porada
Tom Porada Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am trying to figure out how to integrate DXKeeper (DXLabs) with a 6500, currently using FLDIGI and the FLDIGI-DXLabs Gateway..

I have Commander already running as well as Pathfinder to fill in the contact details, but I have to enter the call, time and frequency by manually.

Has anyone successfully integrated this set so that the call, time and frequency are auto entered into DXKeeper? I had this working fine on my old rig, TenTec Orion, but it eludes me at present.

Specifics would be helpful.

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    You would be better to direct these questions to the DXLabs Yahoo group. The author of the suite is a 6xxx owner and the integration is quite nicely done.

To get you started see: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignature

73, Bob, K8RC
  • Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I'll check that out. I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for in Yahoo. I have everything seemingly working except for the full functionality of DXKeeper integration.

Thanks.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Never be afraid to ask that list whatever question may be on your mind. Unlike many other Yahoo groups which have trolls belittling anyone who asks a repeat question, Dave insists that every question be answered with utmost respect, even if it was previously answered last week.

It can be complicated, but when everything is setup correctly, double-clicking a SpotCollector spot, working the station, and then clicking "Log" is all you'll have to do.

Bob
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016

Tom, contact me at bill@w9ol.com 708 867 4731 but email is fine also.

I'm doing it....full interoperation of all elements and logging.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Yes, I have done it , let me know if you still need help
    Andy K3UK
  • Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I got everything working now. I uploaded and installed the latest version, 1.7, of the FLDIGI-DXLabs gateway and that seemed to do the trick.

I also received some suggestions direct from Rick Ellison N2AMG as follows:

"Give this a try and see if either works and then we can go from there..

Make sure the gateway, Fldigi and DXkeeper are not installed in the program files structure. They can be installed in the root or a directory off the root but not in any of the program files directories.

First disable your anti-virus/spyware software if any is running.

Next disable the Windows Firewall. After doing that load the gateway and Fldigi and DXkeeper. Does DXKeeper say it is connected now??

If so try logging a contact in Fldigi and see if it gets passed over to DXKeeper.

I have worked with another user that had this same problem last week and it ended up being the firewall was blocking communication between the applications."

In the past I did have to install other application out of the Windows Program Files folders to make them work. If I have further issues, I try this piece of Rick's advice first.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.