Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DX4WIN not connecting to Radio - 6500...

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
6500, V1.05,, DDUtil, DX4WIN. DX4WIN is not connecting to 6500? In my case port 8. All I changed was to update to V1.0.5 and the new SCAT.... Everything else works fine.... Am I the only one with logger connecting problems?

Comments

• Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    After I installed the new SmartSDR CAT program, I had to re-create all of my port pairs. If you didn't re-create this port pairs in SmartSDR CAT, then DX4WIN has no way to communicate with DDUtil. You might also check to make sure that DDUtil is setup properly, i.e., the correct RCP port to communicate with DX4WIN.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Gary, I recreated the 1 port pair I had but it was the RCP rotor port pair and the rotor works fine from DX4WIN, its the "3rd party program" port 8 that isn't connecting DX4WIN to SCAT. DDUtil is connecting to the 6500 via SCAT just fine... I'm asking if any other DX4WIN users are experiencing this same problem?? I have uninstalled and re-installed SCAT V1.2.0 Dennis, k0eoo
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Since I don't use DX4WIN, I am clueless as to how to address your 3rd party program port 8 issue. Sorry.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Dennis - is CAT working with any other program or is it just DX4WIN?
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cat is working with DDUtil and DX4WIN. The DDUtil connection is working good, as before.... The ONLY problem is I cannot connect DX4WIN to SCAT/SSDR via the "3rd party program port 8" in my case.... I have tried everything I know to resolve with NO joy.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Tim, et al, I have tried everything I know to resolve but need HELP from Flex and/or BobT so DX4WIN will connect too the SCAT 1.2.0 "3rd party program" port. All previous SCAT's worked just fine. If BobT and/or Flex cannot resolve, can I uninstall SCAT 1.2.0 and revert back to SSDR V1.0.0 and its SCAT? BobT looked at a problem like this back with the very first preview rev of SSDR/SCAT and he found I needed two RX's open for radio to respond and that has worked good up until now. I get a timeout message from DX4WIN, "Radio not responding".... Dennis, k0eoo
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.