Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DX4WIN / Flex6000 feature request or question...

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
BobT, is it possible to make the logging program interface to the 6000 so if the VFO-B isn't up when you connect the two together that the 6000 will generate a RX-B automatically? Or, fool it into thinking one is up so it won't error out? As you found out DX4WIN looks for a VFO-B or it won't connect. Also, If I double click on a spot with no RX-B up I keep crashing SSDR/CAT, if I don't do things in the right order that is.... Is that possible??

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Slice B (there are no VFOs in the FLEX-6000) is only created by SmartSDR CAT when the third-party CAT program enables split mode and there is only Slice A defined.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Tim, I don't quite understand what you just said. Are you saying SSDR CAT will generate a second RX (in the slice thats up) when I call up my logging program, DX4WIN? If thats what you said SSDR CAT doesn't seem to be doing that because I have to bring up a second RX before I can connect DX4WIN to the radio. If I don't generate the second RX before I tell DX4WIN to connect to the radio it will error out... Also, if I **** the second RX while DX4WIN is connected to the radio it will error out after it tries 6 time to connect. Its hard for me to change bands because my 6500 hangs if I select another band with two RX's are up so I have to drop the second RX, quickly switch bands, bring up the second RX before DX4WIN times out.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.